No one listens to people like me.

I'll never quite understand why they matter more than me.
I'll never quite get why I'm so invisible.

I only know a few things, and they are the things that get me by. People like me, melt into crowds, vanish into sunsets, and are erased from memories. But it's the people like you that make me wish if only for one moment I wasn't so forgettable.

You make promises like your life depends on it, and I just fade away and watch, watch you choke of your words and wish I could do something...anything. But I can't, people don't listen to people like me, what do we know anyway? Why should someone unreal exsist? I am a shadow.

I work hard to keep up the curtain that hides these eyes of mine, because if you looked into them you could see for miles and that's not what I need today. You won't understand, you're not suppose to, you're as soild as iron and I'm sly as water, they're not suppose to meet...you'll only get rust.

You may not see me, I'm always there... quiet, wide-eyed and simple... just watching. Don't give up on your dreams, I still believe in them. That's right, I still believe.




Bedhead.

0 comments: