Pack On the Pounds.

All I needed was You.
I remember the first time you sang me to sleep.
"Goodnight, Bedhead."
Long goodbyes are like forgotten years.
I miss you.

You try so hard to fit in,
Give it up, you'll never match.
Being "cool" died years ago.
What the hell do you think you're doing?

How did I lose you?
The flashbulbs know you better than I do.
Camera Whores with empty eyes are old news.
Dying Socialite.

Don't think you can make a fool of me.
I see behind those tired eyes and pretend smile,
We're the same.
Two of a kind.
Insominacs with heads too full.
"Don't mind the dark circles,
They're more like mental bruises."

Messes are my forte.
I come from bad dreams,
And sour milk spills.
Painted faces and head nods hide it all.
I've been slandered and mocked.

What've you lost?


Bedhead.

0 comments: