You Spin Me Right 'Round Baby, Right 'Round...

I wrote my secret down on a green balloon
And let it drift of in to the blue void we call the sky
I hope it finds its way to you.
I bet it'd be a long journey.
I bet it would.

Don't forget me,
When you're lying awake in your bed watching her sleep.
Don't you dare pretend she's me,
But you might not want to close your eyes
All you'll see is me.
I may be a ghost,
But I'm no Casper.

Don't act like you've put me in the past,
It's written on your forehead.
I'm the only thing you know.
It's alright,
You're painted on my heart.

Figures of speech only downplay your sincerity,
Tell me the truth.
I don't want lies and beating around the bush,
You're no good at that anyway.
We're just cops and robbers.
I'll steal your soul,
See if you can catch me.
Eyes like yours spill secrets.

I knew before you spoke where this was going.
Why am I such a fool to go along with you?
What a falling star,
No wishes granted.
You never meant a word.
I pretend like I don't know your intentions,
I'm in in love with the idea of love.
All I want is a You & Me.


Bedhead.

0 comments: