Just a Game of Cards.

1:24 am.
I can't sleep.
What's new?
I can't catch my breath,
I'm trying to keep up with my mind.

I always do this.
I build it up, build it up high.
I make myself believe so hard in it.
I do, you know, I can't help it.
I want to mean something to them.

If you can't blame a girl for trying,
Then you certainly can blame her for being stupid.
He'll never know.
And it wears away at my little heart.
I want him to know.

It's much too late to make poetic sense.
Just wishing it was all real.
I spend too much time playing make believe,
Not enough time removing my head from the clouds.
I need to be something more.

Think they'll ever know my name?
Nah, me neither.
Think I'll ever stop wishing?
Nah, me neither.
I'm too sluggish for this.

Got to keep the dream alive...


Bedhead.

0 comments: