Outcasts never looked so cool...

Last year I was a cut out paper doll.
This year I'm in technicolor and you can't stand it.
I watch you sputter and choke,
You never fall with grace.
You've made your bed of jealousy.
It's nap time.

Toss back that cocktail and wait.
I'll work the room and you'll wish you still had me.
Sand through your fingers,
That's all I ever was.
You miss me.

I'll wear that red dress you like so much.
When I feed you to the dogs.
I'm not so innocent anymore,
You made sure of that.
You poisioned that little wide-eyed girl.
Now I'm a new kind of lust.

Kiss me one last time,
Before I take off into the world.
I'm running this time.
Running fast and far.
When I run out of breath I know I've made it.
This is me sending you post cards from a new life.
This is our love song of a different texture.


Bedhead.

0 comments: